Skip to main content
- Population: 6.7 million
- Capital: Managua
- Official language: Spanish
- Area: 50,338 square miles.
- Unitary Dominant-Party – Presidential Repbulic
- Nicaragua is Central America’s largest county. It is also the country with the lowest density of population in the region.
- The Ruins of Leon Viejo in Nicaragua is the oldest city in all of Central America. It is over 1500 years old and is still occupied today. It was founded by the early Spanish settlers.
- Lake Nicaragua is the largest lake in Central America. It is used as a water supply for many parts of the country, and is also huge tourist attraction.
- The only freshwater sharks known in the world can be found in Lake Nicaragua.
- Nicaragua belongs to the Ring of Fire, an area in the Pacific Ocean with common earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. There are over 400 volcanoes found in Lake Nicaragua.
- 15 MLB players from 1976 to 2019.
- Baseball was introduced in the 1880s by Albert Addlesberg, an American businessman.
- Baseball is the national game of Nicaragua, and is one of the most popular sports in the country
- Nicaragua has a professional baseball league, the Nicaraguan Professional Baseball League, consisting of four teams, playing in the winter.
Baseball & Softball Stats (Impact):
- 3,350 kids benefited
- 35 Programs
- 1 City