Skip to main content
- Population: 17.11 million
- Capital: Guatemala City
- Official language: Spanish
- Area: 42,042 square miles.
- Unitary Presidential Republic
- Guatemala means “land of many trees”.
- Was Inhabited for 20,000 years before the Spanish arrived
- 22 languages are spoken with 21 Mayan communities.
- The ruins of Quirigua and the city of Tikal are both UNESCO sites.
- Antigua Guatemala, the colonial city home to picturesque architecture and cobbled streets, has also been given the same distinction.
- Has never produced an MLB player.
- The team is controlled by the Amateur Baseball Federation of Guatemala, and represents the nation in international competitions.
- The team is a member of the Pan American Baseball Confederation.
Baseball & Softball Stats (Impact):
- 100 kids benefited
- 2 programs
- 1 city